HOT CHOCOLATE FONDANT WITH BLACKCURRANT COULIS
INGREDIENTS for chocolate fondant with blackcurrant coulis
60g dark chocolate
1 egg yolk
1 tbsp plain flour
1 tbsp cocoa powder
120ml double cream
1 tbsp icing sugar
1/2 a tbsp vanilla
40g caster sugar
- Place the butter and chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water until they’re melted.
- Meanwhile, whisk the egg and yolk with 60g of the sugar until pale.
- Fold the melted chocolate mix into the egg mix.
- Lightly butter a small baking ring and coat in cocoa.
- Sieve the flour and fold into the mix, then fill the ring no further than two thirds.
- Set the oven to 180˚c and cook for 12 – 14 mins.
- In a pan, place the cleaned blackcurrants with 40g of sugar and just enough water to cover, cook until soft then puree.
- Whip the double cream with the icing sugar and vanilla.
- Plate up as desired, sit back and enjoy your hard work.
This recipe has been found here