THE CURRANT FARM’S BLACKCURRANT & APPLE STRUDEL
Ingredients for the blackcurrant apple strudel
1 large Golden Delicious apple, peeled, cored and sliced 1/8 to 1/4-inch thick
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 cup blackcurrants, fresh or thawed
1/2 cup sugar, plus 2 tablespoons
2 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
2 tablespoons butter, melted All-purpose flour, for dusting
½ cup oats
1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed according to directions on box.
4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Preparation of blackcurrant apple strudel
Position an oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 375 degrees F.
In a lg. bowl, toss the sliced apples with the lemon juice until the apples are thoroughly coated. Add the Blackcurrants, 1/4 cup sugar, and the 2 tablespoons cold cubed butter and toss well. Set aside.
• Lightly dust the work surface with flour. Lay the puff pastry on top and dust the rolling pin with additional flour. Gently roll the puff pastry to 1/8-inch thickness.
• Position the sheet of puff pastry on a parchment lined baking sheet.
• Sprinkle the Quaker Old Fashioned Oats on half of the pastry to absorb the juices
• Spread the Black Currant & apple mixture on top of the oats leaving about 1-inch of space along the side edges.
• Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of cinnamon over the mix.
• Brush some of the melted butter along the 1” edge of the pastry to help seal.
• Fold the other half over the mix and pinch to seal the edges together tightly.
• Brush the entire strudel with the melted butter.
• Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons of cinnamon and remaining sugar.
• Using a sharp knife, make 3 diagonal slits across the top of the strudel.
• Bake for 40 minutes, rotating halfway through cooking, until the pastry is puffed and golden brown.
Recipe originally shared by www.currantc.com