CASHEW, COCONUT AND BLACKCURRANT FROSTING
- 80g coconut solids from a can of light coconut milk
- 50g honey
- 30g frozen blackcurrants
- 100g raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
Preparation of blackcurrant frosting
It is easy to make this frosting in powerful blender, but you can also use a stick blender (use appropriate size glass of bowl for blending – tall and narrow shapes are the best).
- Defrost blackcurrants (overnight in the fridge).
- Cover raw cashews with boiling water for 15 min.
- Separate solids from coconut milk.
- Add lemon juice to blackcurrants, process them into smooth puree.
- Drain and dry cashews, blend them.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and blend them until smooth.
This frosting becomes quite thick when refrigerated. In case you want to have runnier frosting, add little honey or lemon juice to your taste. This frosting can be stored refrigerated for several days.
This gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar free, nut-free recipe has been found here